The liquor industry is one of the highly regulated commercial segments in Seattle as measures have been taken to curb the use of drugs not only across the state but nationally. As an entrepreneur, you are tasked with meeting the numerous regulations which have been put in place before you can have the legal rights to sell liquor. The following vital steps must be followed to the latter if you expect the whole licensing period to be smooth;
- You must have applied for your Business License and received it from the state licensing department.
- Have an understanding of the different liquor licenses and which one you need. There are two main categories of liquor permits for businesses namely retail and non-retail licenses. Retail licenses are primarily required for businesses that intend to sell to clients who will consume their products within the premises. A non-retail permit, on the other hand, is for businesses that sell products for off-premises consumption.
- The next step is to apply for a liquor board addendum which will be required for each category. The application forms are readily available in the official website of Seattle and must be carefully filled for the avoidance of rejection due to errors.
- A licensed investigator will then work through the details of the application with the waiting period estimated to be a maximum period of 20 days. This phase where you have to deal with an investigator is always the longest and can take a number of weeks as every detail is professionally scrutinized. However, if you take prior caution to include all paperwork the process can be much shorter.
- Approvals and receiving of the liquor license. If the investigator gives your business a clean bill of health, the state department will then process your license which will provide the go-ahead for selling alcohol within the stated premises in Seattle.
Starting a small business is always marked with lots of excitements and a fair share of anxiety as it is always the first step for most people as entrepreneurs. Washington State has taken measures to ensure that during this period you focus more on your core operational activities and not in seeking business approvals. The simple steps that must be followed to acquire a business license are;
- Select a name for your small business and verify that it is not currently in use
Before you can start the application procedure, you have to bear in mind the name that best suits your business. You must then take steps to check the availability of the name by searching through the state’s database to avoid infringing on trademark rights.
- Make a formal application to the Washington Department of Licensing for a business license
The single form that is vital for this step is the Business License Application which is readily available through the state’s website. For adequate preparation, so you do not spend a lot of time for the simple task you should take time to go through business licensing guides which is also made accessible to the public by the licensing department.
An online application is the simplest way to complete the process which requires a filing fee of $20 which can be made via all major credit cards or by using an e-check. According to the Washington Department of licensing the online application should then be processed within ten business days after which you will receive a Unified Business Identifier number commonly referred to as UBI.
The UBI number is a unique nine-digit code which gives you the go-ahead to conduct business in Washington and will be vital for all co-related activities such as filing taxes and when hiring employees.
Seattle enjoys a diversity of its population which has led to an infusion of great cultural heritage that gives its residents and visitors experiences like no other. When it comes to finding the right place to eat, you will be lost for choice considering the vast variety offered by the hotels and restaurants in the region. Culinary traditions are kept alive in Seattle, and when it comes to Asian food you will never regret trying out these top-rated places;
This restaurant is located in the quiet side of Capitol Hill and is famous for its Vietnamese cuisine which you will instantly fall in love with and make a regular place to go. The menu is diverse, and whether you want a vegetarian meal or you take more pleasures in the meaty dishes, there is always something for you.
The origin of this group of restaurants is traced to Taiwan, and the Seattle restaurant does justice to the brand famous for their noodles, rice dishes, shrimps, and pork dumplings. You will, however, find beauty in its variety of offerings which will make each bite worthy of the hype it receives.
If you ever find yourself in the Beacon Hill or Rainier valley regions in Seattle, then the Foo Lam is definitely worth checking out. It is located just outside of the Chinatown area and is a place to try our sesame balls, shrimp dumplings, and vegetable dishes which are unusually ever so tasty.
You love Asia dishes the Wild Ginger is a name you will hear too frequently and for the right purposes. People from all walks of life frequent this restaurant, and each time you walk in for a meal, you will have more than a professionally prepared Asian dish. At times you do not have to look at the menu but just opt for their happy hour specials which you will not regret.